Quick update. Since last I wrote:
- I promptly became massively more tired and mentally useless.
- Vowed not to discuss steady-states, because apparently there are no steady-states.
- And now I seem to be turning that corner. Stamina’s up a bit, can get more normal-life done, brain is clicking back into gear, though it does not care for distractions.
The corner turned just in time for me to get the taxes done, which is actually a happy thing. But seriously, man to whom I am married: Do not walk into the room and try to touch the computer, even just to turn on music, while I am doing the taxes. I’m not ready yet.
Things I learned:
- If you are sleeping ten hours a day, you can not get as much done as if you are sleeping eight hours a day. Unless you count sleeping as “getting something done.”
- I don’t think I learned anything else.
I’ve been mostly off-line over the past couple months, because:
- When I’m tired, it’s way easier to get sucked into the time-waste that is excessive clicking on cute pet photos. Even though I love the pet photos. Please keep posting photos of your pet, I approve.
- The thinking thing . . . hard to do real work online without long periods of uninterrupted time. Did I mention I’m home all day with four children? Who are, as the category-name suggests, prone to childishness?
In other cool news: The boy is confirmed. Woohoo!
We had to do that letter thing for the confirmation retreat, where the parents and other people write letters to the kid, and then mid-retreat there’s a carefully timed moment to go off to a quiet place and read the letters. I wrote to the boy about how he is a genius of a comedian and I always feel like I’m living in some kind of cosmically-ordained lair of an arch-villain, in which I get to keep the one of the most brilliant comic minds of the century on hand as my jester.
I didn’t use the phrase “lair of an arch-villain” in the letter.
In other news, review edition: I have the best friends. If you ever need people to pray for you, you should have my friends.
That is all.