A kitten found us, which means we can finally use the internet properly.
I persist, of course, in my incorrigible habit of crowding perfectly good bandwidth with religion, public policy, and other punditry. My hope is that by wielding the cat as a feline shield, the internet police will be stymied in their efforts to purify the web of non-cat bloggers.
Like the Internet Except in 3-D
1. My screen porch. YouTube viewing has plummeted now that we have our hyperactive dancing cat.
2. Midlands Homeschool Convention. Of interest to southeasterners. Huge regional event, piles of top notch speakers, and also me. Catholic writers guild will have a table, and there’ll be a rocking “Look at the Book” display of Catholic textbooks & materials from all the major players, hosted by Catholic homeschoolers in SC. Also free stuff and some drawings for prizes. The teepee in the corner, dear parents, is for your children. You sit on the chairs. July 24-26.
3. Catholic Writers Conference. Following week up in Chicago, smart people will be turning out at the writers’ wonderland that is the combination Catholic Writers Conference & Catholic Marketing Network’s trade show. This is the place where all the publishers and vendors of Catholic trinkets (games, art, music, etc) turn out so the Catholic book & gift shops can stock up for the season. Most interesting bit is seeing what famous internet Catholics look like when rendered in 3-D.
(I will be rendered in 2D for that one. Visit the Liguori booth if you go, and you can see my book. The me-traveling-to-Chicago part is not quite back on the program.)
Since last I wrote, Patheos has been fixing things, which means you have to go here to get the July archives.
June still copies and pastes nicely:
- June 27, 2014 Should You Be Writing Right Now? And What About the Kids? And What About a Conference This Summer? – Conference talk. No, really, you should go if you can. Also, on the importance of unstructured play time, and why that’s the most effective way to see if your kid ought to be a writer one day.
- June 26, 2014 Evangelization & Parish Time Management – Link to my New Evangelizers piece.
- June 25, 2014 Modesty as the Language of Mutual Respect Mostly people liked this one.
- June 25, 2014 Three Reasons Not to Own a Gun, and a Fourth I’ll Concede Follow-on to the previous gunlandia posts. Someone’s gotta represent the redneck Catholic center, yes?
- June 23, 2014 Did You ‘n Jesus Take a Walk Together this Weekend? Corpus Christi chit chat.
- June 23, 2014 Religion, Reality, and What Happens in Your Brain Why I think neuroscience is brilliant apologetics.