Most weeks, I really like the Tuesday / Friday method of staying on track. It helps me remember to post stuff. This is not that week. I say that during the Wed-Thurs interregnum, Jen F. and Larry D. can split the difference. In castle news this week:
1. Child Vomits At Church.
Thank you Mrs. S. for cleaning the front pew while one parent whisked sick child home and the other disinfected the sacristy bathroom. Thank you, Lord, that:
- The other two altar servers had already left the pew to go do whatever it is they do during the offering.
- Mrs. S, veteran mom, had chosen to sit next to Mt. Splashmore.
- Mr. O., who himself had blessed the altar-area in the same manner during his days as an altar boy, was sitting behind us and volunteered to watch two little girls while parents did more pressing parent jobs.
- No one else has gotten sick.
Nice usher guy was helpful, too. He showed us the plastic toolbox in the usher’s closet labeled “Vomit Kit” — apparently this is all part of the life of an usher. Though by that time I’d already snagged disinfectant and paper towels from the kitchen, and begged extra trash bags from the nursery. Mothers don’t think the way ushers think.
2. Sandra’s Married!
And she told me I should wedding-blog. Which I will. A different day. Teaser:
- Lovely, lovely ceremony.
- Historic location + period dress = coolest combo ever.
- Halloween-themed reception . . . oh I know you crabby apples are raising an eyebrow at that, ’cause I did too. But it was just perfect for the couple, and not at all like you think.
3. Exciting writing news, almost ready to be announced. If I seem like I’ve wandered off the edge of the earth, um, yes, I have.
3.5. McKissick Museum. For all your glow-in-the-dark geology needs.
4. Check out the Catholic Writers’ Guild blog this coming Sunday, Christian LeBlanc has a cool post scheduled. And Julie Davis writes on Saturday, I think, and she’s no slouch either. It’s a good CWG weekend.
5. Latin. I think we’ve found a solution. I’ll let you know in two months.
6. And with that, I’m going to sneak back into hiding, and leave the internet to you. If I’m lucky I might get a backlog of assorted posts run, but I’m not placing any bets. Have a great weekend.