In the past 24 hours I’ve . . .
- Learned how to play pick-up sticks.
- Lost all my Words with Friends games. Literally and
figurativelyliterally. I can’t find the link anymore. Facebook Fail.
- Discovered that I score just as well at Mancala if I randomly pick a handful of stones when it’s my turn, while checking e-mail, as I do if I concentrate and try to win. Only I enjoy it much more.
- Did Mrs. Darwin’s Immediate Book Meme. Answers posted at the blorg bookshelf.
- Figured out that I have no clue how to pace myself.
#5 We’ve always known, haven’t we? It’s just more dramatic now. I’m thrilled to be off the mandatory complete rest thing, because: Insomnia. But what seems to me like a very light activity level really isn’t. Serious intervals-action going on: When I’m up, I’m more up than I’ve been in ten days. But a couple hours of acting vaguely like a normal person, and I’m completely wiped out. Brain. Body. All of it gone.
I’m sure such a thing as a ‘happy medium’ exists. I’ve never actually experienced it, but I’ve heard about it. Okay, strictly speaking I’m not so sure. Maybe it’s mythical.
Return to The Catholic Conspiracy