And happy to be here. On the agenda for this week:
- Finish out the Family Honor course. Funny how being on the road for ten days will cut into homework time.
- Get over this lovely cold I brought home from VA, so that I’m fit for society come Friday – parish homeschooling group’s kick-off Mass and pot luck. (Yes, prayers appreciated.)
- Make a respectable showing for first week of school. So far, so acceptable. Despite two sick kids and one very welcome but perhaps a tiny bit bored house guest.
- Catch up on 10,000 post-conference to-do items.
- Write stuff.
- Other things I can’t remember right now.
In good news:
A. The conference was excellent. Seriously fun. Loved it. Met and re-met a bazillion very cool people. Presentations went well (I’m told), gave out a pile of books, and confirmed that yes, my handwriting is that bad.
B. Local Catholic bookstore tells me they’ve already sold 25 copies of the new book. In a couple days. Typically they do not sell 25 copies of any given book. Luckily they laid in a big stash. (Why yes, you can order my book by the case of 100.)
C. I re-read the book. It’s really good. My copy-editor and I disagree on which set of comma rules are the ideal set, but if you are like me and are a bit thrown by Liguori’s style sheet, let me just challenge you: There is a set of rules they are following, and it is logical and all that. So I tentatively approve, even though when I’m the editor, I use the list Jen Fulwiler put up on Pinterest the other week. (Um, no link, I’m being speedy here, you just go search “Jen Fulwiler” + “pinterest” + “comma rules”.)
Back to homework. If I owe you an e-mail, my goal is to be caught up with all pressing internet chores by the end of the week. Phone if it’s urgent.
Updated to toss in a picture and a link, because I see my side bar is having a bad book day. Picture of the book here:
And link to Liguori’s site, where at this very moment (9:45 AM on 8/13) they are showing $3.50 for the sales price. Half off. Sheesh. Crazy marketing people. (I approve!)
Return to The Catholic Conspiracy